What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 02:20:57 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Return of the Lv160 Talents![LIVE 14th August V
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:44:50 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Return of the Lv160 Talents![LIVE 14th August V
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:31:00 -0700: Re: kAO DevDiary [Mercenary Costumes]
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:12:27 -0700: Re: kAO DevDiary [Mercenary Costumes]
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:58:49 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Twilight Crafting! [LIVE 14th August V502]
Octavianus won the Battle of Actium. - Today is September 2.
The Battle of Actium was the decisive confrontation of the Final War of the Roman Republic. It was fought between the forces of Octavian and the combined forces of Mark Antony and Cleopatra. The battle took place on September 2, 31 BC. Octavian's victory enabled him to consolidate his power over Rome and its dominions. As a result of the victory he was awarded the title of Augustus by the Roman Senate.
Rurik or Riurik (Russian: Рюрик; Russian pronunciation: [ˈrʲʉrʲɪk]; Old East Norse: Rørik, meaning "famous ruler"; c. 830 – c. 879) was a Varangian chieftain who gained control of Ladoga in 862, built the Holmgard settlement near Novgorod, and founded the Rurik Dynasty which ruled Kievan Rus and then Russia until the 16th century.
There is a debate over how Rurik came to control Ladoga and Novgorod. The only information about him is contained in the 12th-century Russian Primary Chronicle, which states that Chuds, Slavs, Merias, Veses and Krivichs
…drove the Varangians back beyond the sea, refused to pay them tribute, and set out to govern themselves. Afterwards the tribes started fighting each other and decided to invite Rurik to reestablish order.
Rurik remained in power until his death in 879. His successors (the Rurik Dynasty), however, moved the capital to Kiev and founded the state of Kievan Rus, which persisted until 1240, the time of Mongol invasion. A number of extant princely families are patrilineally descended from Rurik, although the last Rurikid to rule Russia, Vasily IV, died in 1612.
There is a large 9th-century funerary barrow in Novgorod Oblast, reminiscent of the mounds at Old Uppsala. Intricately defended against looting, it remains to be excavated. The local inhabitants refer to it as Rurik's Grave.