What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:07:20 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Brother's Grimm Recruitment Dungeon [LIVE! 28/0
- Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:08:14 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Brother's Grimm Recruitment Dungeon
- Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:30:22 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Brother's Grimm Recruitment Dungeon
- Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:24:43 -0700: Re: Need help, building "perfect formation"
- Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:40:02 -0700: Re: Upcoming IM Outfits, Decorations and Mounts
Death of Louis XI - Today is August 30.
Louis XI, called the Prudent and the Universal Spider or the Spider King, was the King of France from 1461 to until his death in 1483. He was the son of Charles VII of France and Mary of Anjou, a member of the House of Valois, grandson of Charles VI and Isabeau of Bavaria and one of the most successful kings of France in terms of uniting the country. His 22-year reign was marked by political machinations, spinning a spider's web of plot and conspiracy which earned him his nickname.
Louis is known to have been shrewd and often vicious. In curbing the power of the dukes, he vastly expanded the power of the monarchy.
Hecuba (also Hekabe; Ancient Greek: Ἑκάβη) was a queen in Greek mythology, the wife of King Priam of Troy, with whom she had 19 children, the most famous of which is Hector of Troy. She was of Phrygian birth; her father was Dymas, and her mother (Eunoë) was said to be a daughter of Sangarius, god of the Sangarius River, the principal river of ancient Phrygia.
In the Iliad, Hecuba appears as the mother of Hector, and laments his death in a well-known speech in Book 24 of the epic.
With the god Apollo, Hecuba had a son named Troilus. An oracle prophesied that Troy would not be defeated as long as Troilus reached the age of twenty alive. He was killed by Achilles during the Trojan War.
Polydorus, Priam's youngest son by Hecuba, was sent with gifts of jewelry and gold to the court of King Polymestor to keep him safe during the Trojan War. The fighting grew vicious and Priam was frightened for the child's safety. After Troy fell, Polymestor threw Polydorus to his death to take the treasure for himself. Hecuba, though she was enslaved by the Achaeans when the city fell, eventually avenged her son, blinding Polymestor and killing his children.