What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Fri, 03 Jul 2015 11:32:04 -0700: Re: New System :Star Stone
- Fri, 03 Jul 2015 06:55:00 -0700: Re: New System :Star Stone
- Fri, 26 Jun 2015 06:34:56 -0700: Re: Cannon Main need formation help for PVE
- Sat, 20 Jun 2015 09:33:00 -0700: Re: What is the newest server?
- Fri, 19 Jun 2015 15:26:04 -0700: Re: New System :Star Stone
There is no special historical event today. - Today is the day that you, our dear player and friend, logged into Atlantica Online. Enjoy!
Gandharvas (from the Sanskrit: गंधर्व, gandharva, possibly meaning "fragrances") refers to a group of low-ranking male nature dieties that appear in both Hindu, Buddhist, and sometimes even Jain mythology. In all three traditions, the gandharvas are closely related to the wilderness as well as the creative arts, particularly music. Gandharvas also have symbolic connections with procreation and sexuality, including the Hindu institution of "Gandharva marriage," a consensual union of husband and wife who have cosummated their relationship before any sort of ceremonial union.
Gandharvas were said to be husbands of the Apsaras, nymph-like female nature spirits who held jurisdiction over the clouds and water. Numerous Puranas describe the Gandharvas as handsome, youthful men, and attribute them with superb musical and dramatic skills. As such, Gandharvas often filled the role of entertainers in the heavenly courts, appearing at banquets and other special events to create beautiful music for the gods while the Apsaras danced along. Such associations occur most frequently with the storm-god Indra, for whom the Gandharvas dance, sing and play games in Svarga ("the good kingdom"), his glorious abode atop the mythical Mount Meru.
Source: New World Encyclopedia