What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
There is no special historical event today. - Today is the day that you, our dear player and friend, logged into Atlantica Online. Enjoy!
Oichi or Oichi-no-kata (1547–1583) moderately well-placed figure in the late Sengoku period, known primarily as the mother of three daughters who married well -- Yodo-dono, Ohashi and Oeyo.
Oichi was the younger sister of Oda Nobunaga; and she was the sister-in-law of Nohime, the daughter of Saito Dosan. Oichi was equally renowned for her beauty and her resolve. She was descended from the Taira and Fujiwara clans.
Following Nobunaga's conquest of Mino in 1567, in an effort to cement an alliance between Nobunaga and rival warlord Azai Nagamasa, Nobunaga arranged for Oichi, then twenty years old, to marry Nagamasa.
Their marriage was through political means, ensuring an alliance between the Oda and the Azai clans. She bore Nagamasa one son (Manjumaru) and three daughters -- Yodo-dono, Ohatsu and Oeyo.
In the summer of 1570, Nagamasa betrayed his alliance with Nobunaga and went to war with him on behalf of the Asakura family. A story relates that Oichi sent her brother a sack of beans tied at both ends, ostensibly as a good-luck charm but in reality a warning that he was about to be attacked from both front and rear by the Asakura and Azai clans. According to the story, Nobunaga understood the message and retreated from his brother-in-law's assault in time.
The fighting continued for three years until the Asakura and other anti-Oda forces were destroyed or weakened. Oichi remained with her husband at Odani Castle throughout the conflict, even after Toyotomi Hideyoshi, a trusted vassal of Nobunaga at the time, began laying siege to the castle. When Odani was surrounded, Nobunaga requested that his sister be returned to him before the final attack. Nagamasa agreed, sending out Oichi and her three daughters. Nagamasa and his son, Manjumaru, committed suicide soon afterwards.
Oichi and her daughters remained in the Oda family's care for the next decade. After Nobunaga was assassinated in 1582, his sons and vassals broke into two major factions, led by two of Nobunaga's favored generals, Katsuie and Hideyoshi. Nobunaga's third son, Nobutaka, belonged to the former group, and arranged for his aunt Oichi to marry Katsuie in order to ensure his loyalty to the Oda clan. But in 1583, Katsuie was defeated by Hideyoshi in the Battle of Shizugatake, forcing him to retreat to his home at Kitanosho Castle. As Hideyoshi's army lay siege to the castle, Katsuie implored Oichi to flee with her daughters and seek Hideyoshi's protection. Oichi refused, insisting on dying with her husband after their daughters were sent away. The couple reportedly died in the castle's flames.
- Oichi was named Oyu in Onimusha 2, in which she works together with Saika Magoichi, Yagyu Jubei, Ekei Ankokuji, and Fuma Kotaro in defeating her evil demonic brother, Oda Nobunaga. Oyu is also in Onimusha: Blade Warriors.
- She is a playable character in Sengoku Basara 2, in which she become crazy and evil after the death of her love, Azai Nagamasa. She wipes out the Oda clan.
- She is a playable character in the Samurai Warriors series. In Samurai Warriors 1, she is a tomboy but yet a girly girl. In her true ending, she finds a way to keep both her husband, Azai Nagamasa, and her brother, Oda Nobunaga, alive. In her other ending, she is forced to wipe out her brother's clan and live with Azai Nagamasa. In SW2, she is forced to kill her husband, and she is heart broken, but in Azai Nagamasa's ending, she is allowed to live peacefully with both her brother and her husband alive.
- She is a character in Nobunaga's Ambition, a series similar to Romance of the Three Kingdoms video game series.
- She is a character in Kessen III, where she looks more like the traditional pictures of her. She becomes the wife of Azai Nagamasa, but Toyotomi Hideyoshi takes her away from her husband, who kills himself in a burning Odani Castle. Hideyoshi brings her back to her brother, Oda Nobunaga, but she is heart broken that she couldn't die with Nagamasa.
- She is a playable character in Warriors Orochi. She, Azai Nagamasa, and Gan Ning are captured by Cao Pi's forces at Chen Cang Castle, and they are allowed to live. Oichi, Azai Nagamasa, and Gan Ning later help Honda Tadakatsu repel Lu Bu and Orochi's forces. In WO2, she, Azai Nagamasa, and the Asakkura clan arrive as reinforcements to rescue Maeda Toshiie and Jiang Wei. In Dream Mode, she works with Shang Xiang, the Nanman, and Da Qiao in rescuing their husbands from Da Ji at Kyushu. In another Dream Mode, she is protected by Sun Jian, Cao Ren, Sun Ce, Shibata Katsuiie, and Maeda Toshiie against Yuan Shao & Liu Biao.
- Oichi's daughters Yodo-Dono and Ohatsu are characters in Onimusha 4. Ohatsu must betray everything she worked for in defeating her sister, Yodo-Dono, and her husband, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who have become pure evil. She is in love with an old friend named Soki, the main hero in Onimusha 4, but at the end of the game, she doesn't know what happened to Soki after Hideyoshi's defeat.