What's new: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (v4.13.49) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, level 170, Harlequin) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:57:23 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Return of the Lv160 Talents!
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:30:59 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Return of the Lv160 Talents!
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 02:56:06 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 02:20:36 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:08:53 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Return of the Lv160 Talents!
The British forces led by Admiral Nelson defeated the French navy. - Today is August 1.
The Battle of the Nile was a major naval battle fought between British and French fleets at Aboukir Bay on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt from August 1st to August 3rd in 1798. It's a battle where Vice-Admiral The Viscount Nelson (Horatio Nelson) stopped General Napoleon Bonaparte from consolidating his conquests in Egypt by annihilating the French fleet.
Pedro Nunes, (1502, Alcácer do Sal – August 11, 1578, Coimbra) was a Portuguese mathematician, cosmographer, and professor, born from a New Christian (of Jewish origin) family.
Nunes, considered to be one of the greatest mathematicians of his time, is best known for his contributions in the technical field of navigation, which was crucial to the Portuguese period of discoveries. He was the first to propose the idea of a loxodrome and was also the inventor of several measuring devices, including the nonius, named after his Latin surname.
Pedro Nunes also worked on some mechanics problems, from a mathematical point of view.
He was probably the last major mathematician to make relevant improvements to the ptolemaic system (a geocentric model), however this lost importance because Copernicus heliocentric system replaced it by then. Nunes knew Copernicus' work but he only made a short reference to it in his published works with the objective of correcting some mathematical errors.