What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
The Voyage of Magellan - November 28
Hello, Atlantica Players.
Would you like to learn more about Magellan, who discovered that Columbus' continent was actually the New World?
It was August 1519 when Magellan left Spain and started his circumnavigation of the globe.
On October 21, 1520, after 1 year of sailing, he entered an unknown strait while crossing the Atlantic and going south along the coast of Brazil and Argentina.
Had even 1 month passed? On November 28, an endless body of seawater was right in front of his eyes.
Magellan named the waters the 'Mar Pacifico (Pacific Ocean),' in spite of his hardships.
In 99 days, he reached Guam and the Philippines. He let Europe know that the world was round, that what Columbus found was not India but the New World, and that the world's biggest ocean lay beyond it.
Lady Zhurong, sometimes known as Madam Zhurong, was a fictional character in the historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a semi-fictional account of the Three Kingdoms era of China. She was the wife of Meng Huo, the king of the Nanman tribes of southern China. She claimed to be descended from the fire god Zhu Rong, from whom she acquired her name. Lady Zhurong was the only woman in the novel who took part in any of the fighting, battling against the Kingdom of Shu alongside her husband.
Zhu Rong (Pinyin: Zhù Róng; wg:Chu-jung or Chu-jong) is the Chinese god of fire and ruler of the southern hemisphere from pre-Qin mythology. He is depicted as a proud man clad in armor wielding a sword and riding on a large tiger. He was one of the gods that helped separate Heaven and Earth and set up Universal Order.
He is most famous for battling his own son Gong Gong, who was a water demon responsible for causing floods. When Zhu Rong heard that his son was attempting to seize the throne of Heaven, he went to stop him. The two of them battled for days across Heaven until both plummeted down to Earth. Finally Gong Gong was defeated and sulked away in shame while Zhu Rong returned to Heaven triumphant, after having won a great battle.
After her husband was defeated by the Shu Han Commander, Ma Dai, Lady Zhurong took to battle herself and led a large army against a Shu unit. She wielded flying swords and managed to capture two Shu Han generals; Zhang Yi and Ma Zhong.
The following day she engaged in battle with Zhao Yun and Wei Yan, but both opponents quickly fled. Suspecting a trap, Lady Zhurong did not give chase. The following day the same events happened; with both Shu officers retreating quickly. Again Lady Zhurong did not chase them, however Wei Yan returned and hurled abuse at her. Enraged, she chased him, only to be led down a narrow valley where a trap lay waiting; entrapped in nets with her horse tripped by rope, Lady Zhurong was ensnared.
Lady Zhurong was brought to the Shu camp, and was treated well by Zhuge Liang, who offered her wine and severed her bonds. He then offered a proposal to Meng Huo; he would safely return Zhurong to the Nanman, if the two Shu generals Zhurong had recently captured would be released. Meng Huo agreed and Zhurong was returned to her husband.
Lady Zhurong was captured another two times by the Shu army. The last time she was captured, she had marched alongside her husband and their army to finish off the Shu army as they had been falsely informed that their ally King Wutugu's army had nearly obliterated the Shu forces. However much to their dismay, Shu had actually routed King Wutugu's army, and then they proceeded to capture Lady Zhurong.
After finally submitting to Shu Han and pledging their allegiance, Meng Huo and Lady Zhurong were released to continue their rule over the southern jungles. They never rebelled again.
- Lady Zhurong, alternatively named as "Zhu Rong", appears as a playable character in the Koei video game series Dynasty Warriors up to Dynasty Warriors 5, she was then removed from Dynasty Warriors 6.
- In DW4 Xtreme Legends, she helps to rescue Meng Huo from Shu. In DW5 Xtreme Legends, she works with the Nanman and her husband in repelling Sima Yi.
- The same Zhu Rong also appears in Koei's Warriors Orochi where she and the Nanman people come under attack by Orochi. In the first Warriors Orochi, the Nanman receive help from Zhao Yun and Jiang Wei. In the sequel, they help Zhou Yu repel Cao Pi's forces and join Wu. During the battle, a cutscene show Zhu Rong and Lady Tachinbana as equal Warriors in honor and strength. In Dream Mode, she worked with Nenehime and Yuan Shao in protecting a castle against enemy forces.