What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:55:58 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:45:51 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:06:40 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:53:54 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:19:18 -0700: Re: Jackpot: How to use it to make cash
Birth of Nicolas Appert - October 23
Hello Atlantica Players,
Don't you just love canned food?
Canned food is great for lunch, dinner and even for snacks for busy people like us. Do you know who invented canned food?
It was Nicolas Appert, who was born on October 23, 1752, to a poor family. He learned salting and brewing growing up.
Around that time, Napoleon Bonaparte offered an award of 12,000 francs to anyone who could devise a practical method for food preservation for armies on the march. After some 14 or 15 years of experiment, Appert submitted his invention and won the prize in 1810.
Ironically, after solving the problem of food shortages with the invention of preserving food in sealed bottles, the performance of Napoleon's army dropped drastically while the Appert method of canning had made its way to England and became canned food.
Rin comes from a long line of highly skilled Ningyotsukai, Puppet masters trained to perform with ningyo dolls attached to strings in Bunraku-style Puppet Theatres. The puppet masters working behind the scenes have mastered the art of bringing these dolls to life in a spectacular display of skill and patience. Our little puppet master actively participated in these shows since she could walk on her own two feet. From the time she began manipulating puppets, it was as if some mysterious power gave her dolls a life of their own. She dazzled crowd after crowd and became something of a local legend.
Ultimately, the joy of performing would not last. Even simple performers were unable to escape from the threat of Atlantis and darkening times. One day, while Rin and her family traveled to an adjacent town for a performance, a pack of bandits bent on finding Oriharukon stones ambushed their party and killed her parents. Had it not been for some quick thinking by Hattori Hanzo, Rin would have suffered a similar fate. After rescuing her, he raised her as part of the Iga Ninja clan.
In a few years’ time, Rin became one of the most trusted and experienced members of the Iga clan. Despite her age, she was often the first to volunteer for the most dangerous missions, believing that her most beloved puppet, a gift from her parents, would protect her from danger.
Rin’s life changed once again during a mission to the Shogun Castle. Rin inadvertently stumbled into a secret Tatami room, sealed away long ago because of mysterious hauntings. She investigated the room and found nothing but a Cat Mask commonly used in Theatre for comedic characters. She was drawn to the mask, remembering her days of performing in front of a crowd. Little did she know that the mask was home to an ancient demon, Nekomimi. By exploiting Rin’s sadness and memories of her parents, Nekomimi was able to infiltrate Rin’s consciousness and possess her.
Nekomimi used Rin’s body to open the Gates of Torment, ultimately leading to the near-total destruction of the Iga Ninja Clan. As Nekomimi used the helpless Rin to unleash destruction on the world, two loyal members of the Iga Clan gathered with several bands of mercenaries to destroy the Gate of Torment. After barely destroying the gate, they had just enough energy to summon Queen Himiko of Yamataikoku to exorcise Nekomimi from Rin’s body and banish her from the world forever.
For reasons we may never understand, Rin suggested that Nekomimi instead be sealed within the puppet she holds so dear to her. Perhaps she believes that the spirit will be purified by the positive energy of the puppet, which represents Rin’s childhood spirit and the love of her parents.
Merging with the doll gave Nekomimi the strength to manifest in a visible form again, but she is now completely bound to Rin’s will, forced to follow wherever Rin goes. Nekomimi now acts not only as a Guardian Spirit, but also as a conduit for Rin’s latent abilities, unleashing the full potential of her puppetry skills and allowing her to control living beings, human or monster.
Source: Atlantica Online website