What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:50:33 -0800: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:50:31 -0800: Re: [Nope] New spear main ?
- Thu, 18 Dec 2014 02:05:24 -0800: Re: Upcoming IM Outfits, Decorations and Mounts
- Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:19:26 -0800: Re: New spear main ?
- Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:43:11 -0800: [Nope] New spear main ?
Death of Antonio Stradivari - December 18
Hello Atlantica Players,
On December 18, 1737, the great Italian luthier Antonio Stradivari passed away. Today, let's look into his life as a crafter of stringed instruments.
Compared to the soft and poetic sound of Nicolò Amati's instruments, Stradivari's instruments produce exquisite sounds which are rich and full of color.
His instruments were already in highly valued when he was alive, but they became even more valuable after Giovanni Battista Viotti used one of his instruments in Paris in 1782.
Stradivari crafted approximately 1,100 instruments during his life, about 600 violins, 12 violas, 50 cellos, 3 guitars, 3 harps, and 1 viola d'amore survive today.
Stradivari's instruments remain popular instruments used by numerous talented musicians, and the instruments are named after previous owners such as Paganini, Viotti, and Davidoff. They are often sold for well over one million dollars.
Thalia can refer to four distinct entities in Greek mythology, two of whom were daughters of Zeus, and a third of whom bore him sons. The name Thalia, or Thaleia (both pronounced /θəˈlaɪə/) is spelled Θάλεια in Greek and derives from the same stem as θάλλειν "to bloom".
Thalia was a rustic goddess, the Muse of comedy and idyllic poetry. In this context, her name means “flourishing,” because the praises in her songs flourish through time. Thalia was the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, the eighth-born of the nine Muses. Her children by Apollo were the Corybantes. In art, Thalia was portrayed holding a comic mom, a shepherd’s staff, or a wreath of ivy.