What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:38:38 -0800: Re: Decorations: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Thu, 29 Jan 2015 02:32:04 -0800: Re: [COMPLETE] Legion Info Showcase
- Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:32:30 -0800: Re: Recommended main for returning player
- Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:34:08 -0800: Re: [COMPLETE] Legion Info Showcase
- Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:14:14 -0800: Re: [COMPLETE] Legion Info Showcase
Birth of Thomas Paine - January 29
Thomas Paine was born on January 29, 1737 and died on June 8, 1809.
He was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Born in England, Paine emigrated to the British American colonies in 1774. His principal contributions were the powerful, widely-read pamphlet Common Sense (1776), advocating America's independence from Great Britain, and The American Crisis (1776–1783), a pro-revolutionary pamphlet series.
Later, Paine greatly influenced the French Revolution. He wrote the Rights of Man (1791), a guide to Enlightenment ideas. Despite not speaking French, he was elected to the French National Convention in 1792. In December of 1793, he was arrested and imprisoned in Paris, then released in 1794. He became notorious because of The Age of Reason (1793–94), his book advocating deism, promoting reason and freethinking, and arguing against institutionalized religion and Christian doctrines.
François Pierre de la Varenne (1618 – Dijon 1678), Burgundian by birth, was the author of
Le cuisinier françois(1651), the founding text of modern French cuisine. La Varenne broke with the Italian traditions that had revolutionized medieval French cookery in the 16th century. La Varenne was the foremost member of a group of French chefs, writing for a professional audience, who codified French cuisine for the age of Louis XIV. The others were Nicholas de Bonnefons,
Le jardinier François(1651) and
Les Délices de la Campagne(1654) and François Massialot,
Le Cuisinier royal et bourgois, (1691), which was still being edited and modernized in the mid-18th century.