What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:38:18 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Two more mercenary costumes!
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 05:57:48 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Two more mercenary costumes!
- Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:03:33 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Two more mercenary costumes!
- Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:01:42 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Two more mercenary costumes!
- Wed, 29 Oct 2014 08:48:29 -0700: Re: kAO PTS: Two more mercenary costumes!
Martin Luther's Reformation - October 31
Hello Atlantica Players,
Today is the last day of October.
The topic of the day is the Protestant Reformation.
A German religious reformer named Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses on the door of the Schlosskirche in Wittenberg on the 31st of October, 1517, sparking the Reformation.
During this period, Roman Catholic theology stated that faith alone could not absolve man of sin, and that charity and good works were necessary for salvation. The benefits of good works could be obtained by donating money to the church.
With his theses, he protested the sale of indulgences. He asked, "Why does the pope, whose wealth today is greater than the wealth of the richest Crassus, build the basilica of St. Peter with the money of poor believers rather than with his own money?"
Treasure-hunter, Antarctic explorer, soldier, aeronaut, entrepreneur, big-game hunter and movie-maker, Francis Howard Bickerton not only made a major contribution to the Australasian Antarctic Expedition of 1911-14 but was also recruited for Sir Ernest Shackleton's "Endurance" Expedition; he fought with the infantry, the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Air Force in both world wars and was wounded on no fewer than four separate occasions. According to his obituary in "The Times",
His loyalty to his friends, his gallantry... and the unembittered courage with which he continued to meet the difficulties of a world which gave little recognition in peace to men of his mould - leave to us who shared in one way or another his various life the memory of a rich, rewarding and abiding spirit.