What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:06:40 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:53:54 -0700: Re: Mounts: Proc Stats (PvE)
- Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:19:18 -0700: Re: Jackpot: How to use it to make cash
- Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:46:34 -0700: Re: Jackpot: How to use it to make cash
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:32:19 -0700: Re: jAO 4th Mercenary Contest Results -> Dryad!
Birth of Nicolas Appert - October 23
Hello Atlantica Players,
Don't you just love canned food?
Canned food is great for lunch, dinner and even for snacks for busy people like us. Do you know who invented canned food?
It was Nicolas Appert, who was born on October 23, 1752, to a poor family. He learned salting and brewing growing up.
Around that time, Napoleon Bonaparte offered an award of 12,000 francs to anyone who could devise a practical method for food preservation for armies on the march. After some 14 or 15 years of experiment, Appert submitted his invention and won the prize in 1810.
Ironically, after solving the problem of food shortages with the invention of preserving food in sealed bottles, the performance of Napoleon's army dropped drastically while the Appert method of canning had made its way to England and became canned food.
In the period of King Jin-Jy (眞智王, 576~579), Do-Wha-Rang (桃花娘 was the beautiful shaman of Sa-Ryang-Boo (沙梁部). She leaded large group of ancestor god worshipers. So she had big power and she didn"t yield under the King’s pressure. Along the parent’s decision, Do-Wha-Rang who believed in ancestor god accepted the King Jin-Jy who believed in Buddhism. So she was productive of Bi-Hyung-Rang (鼻荊郎). On this opportunity, she prepared the foundation of the ancestor god worshipers accepted Buddhism.
Source: Role of woman priest