What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:33:20 -0800: Re: kAO PTS: Mercenary Costumes! [Himiko+Jeon Woo-chi]
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:32:57 -0800: Re: No more TBS?
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:43:53 -0800: Re: Does Diabolic Staff affect mount/deco/statue magic damag
- Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:48:15 -0800: Rus AO Mount:Gigantic Skate
- Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:55:05 -0800: Does Diabolic Staff affect mount/deco/statue magic damage?
Birth of Alexander Graham Bell - March 3
Alexander Graham Bell was born on March 3, 1847 and died on August 2, 1922.
An eminent scientist, inventor, engineer and innovator, Bell is credited with inventing the first practical telephone.
Profound influences on Bell's life include Bell's father, grandfather, and brother who had all been associated with work on elocution and speech, and his mother and wife who were both deaf. His meticulous research on hearing and speech further led him to experiment with hearing devices, which eventually led Bell to being awarded the first U.S. patent for the telephone in 1876. Ironically, Bell considered the telephone as an intrusion on his real work as a scientist and refused to have his most famous invention in his study.
Hong Gildong is a fictitious character in an old Korean novel, The story of Hong Gildong (Hangul: 홍길동전; Hanja: 洪吉童傳; RR: Hong Gildong-jeon), written in the Joseon Dynasty. The story was authored by Heo Gyun and is believed to have been written in the late 16th or early 17th century. Hong Gildong is famous for his robbing the rich to feed the poor, much like the English folk hero Robin Hood.
Due to the strict Confucian laws of the Joseon Dynasty, Heo expressed his ideas in this novel, where Hong, born an illegitimate child, is not accepted by his father and family. His father, after hearing from a shaman that his son is cursed, attempts to kill him but fails. Shocked and appalled at his father's actions, he goes out into the world, where he becomes a bandit leader. He becomes a bandit for the people, and steals from the rich only to give to the poor. His popularity within the peasant society soars, and many view him as a hero.