What's new: Twilight of Byzantine (v4.15) ; information about upcoming content (Corps, talents) on the forums. Read more.
Last Atlantica-db news
- 14 August 2014: Twilight of Byzantine (new merc Folklorist Brothers Grimm + dungeon + lvl 170 cap)
- 25 July 2014: Harlequin: The Amazing Traveling Theater! (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 04 July 2014: Meet Jessica: The Bounty Hunter (new merc + overall minor updates...)
- 15 April 2014: Empires of Gold (new Hero main, Quilla, Sylvie, South America...)
- 14 March 2014: Kronos Battlefield (new items + translations + minor updates)
- 21 November 2013: Patch Update November 21, 2013 (Crucible of the Dragon)
- 24 October 2013: Patch Update October 24, 2013 (Stormcaller)
- 05 September 2013: Patch Update September 05, 2013 (Australia part 2)
- 08 August 2013: Patch Update August 08, 2013 (Australia + Riva Faust)
- 06 June 2013: Patch Update June 06, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Judgment)
- 08 May 2013: Patch Update May 08, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Ascension)
- 19 April 2013: Patch Update April 18, 2013 (Rise of Atlantis - Awakening)
- 06 March 2013: Minor updates (Tombs of Immortals, new items/skills, translations...)
- 2013: Atlantica-db Indonesia - Thailand - Russia now available!
Last forum posts
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:32:19 -0700: Re: jAO 4th Mercenary Contest Results -> Dryad!
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:25:48 -0700: Re: Jackpot: How to use it to make cash
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 05:50:37 -0700: Re: jAO 4th Mercenary Contest Results -> Dryad!
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 05:37:40 -0700: Re: Jackpot: How to use it to make cash
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 03:02:00 -0700: Re: jAO 4th Mercenary Contest Results -> Dryad!
Battle of Trafalgar - October 21
Hello Atlantica Players,
Today's topic is the Battle of Trafalgar, which happened on October 21, 1805.
This was a sea battle fought between the British Royal Navy and the combined fleets of the French Navy and Spanish Navy. The battle was the most decisive British victory of the war.
The British victory spectacularly confirmed the naval supremacy that Britain had established during the 18th century and was achieved in part due to Nelson's departure from the prevailing naval tactical orthodoxy. Nelson died in this battle, but he is remembered as the greatest naval hero of England ever since.
In 2005, England had a commemorative celebration on the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar.
Thalia can refer to four distinct entities in Greek mythology, two of whom were daughters of Zeus, and a third of whom bore him sons. The name Thalia, or Thaleia (both pronounced /θəˈlaɪə/) is spelled Θάλεια in Greek and derives from the same stem as θάλλειν "to bloom".
Thalia was a rustic goddess, the Muse of comedy and idyllic poetry. In this context, her name means “flourishing,” because the praises in her songs flourish through time. Thalia was the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, the eighth-born of the nine Muses. Her children by Apollo were the Corybantes. In art, Thalia was portrayed holding a comic mom, a shepherd’s staff, or a wreath of ivy.