Atlantica-db forums

http://www.atlantica-db.com
It is currently 10/22/14 15:24

All times are UTC

Post subject: Elementalist. Must wait until it 130??
PostPosted: 09/30/11 14:32 

Character: SweetBlue (123)
Guild: BIG (1st)
So... I hear someone say ele will only do good if it have 130 upgrade. While i hear the other said 80 upgrade is already good. So... Is ele skills (especially BE), can do good with 80 upgrade? Especially on PVE?

Post subject: Re: Elementalist. Must wait until it 130??
PostPosted: 09/30/11 15:14 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: coolgyal (140)
Guild: 13 (Essence)
mine is lvl 111 80 upgrade (gonna craft her jewels for 100 soon) and good equips, Be lvl 40 annnd shes amazing! her physical attack and magic attacks rock. she is a must for PvP and pve! she lowers defense,vit,attack power. she is the ultimate melee enemy. her stats are very good and she survives in all boss fights. annd of course 130 upgrade not necesary for her to be good -.-

http://wishtobeahero.tumblr.com
talk to me about attack on titan!

PostPosted: 09/30/11 15:52 

Server: [USA]Mycenae
Character: Velouce (144)
Guild: CrimsonBlades (Requiem)
Elementalist is as useful before 130 as she is after, absolutely no reason why she should be a bad merc before (unless you are playing a lvl140main with 140mercs in tier0, because any merc lower than 130 would be bad compared...). Also she is very useful in PVE, but still not the most needed merc nor the best merc for PVE. In TBS she wont be useful, regardless of level and upgrade (in skirmish she is useful) and in PvP definately not needed. She can be helpful sometimes with opponents using many melee mercs, however it's still a big illusion to think that she would be necessary for spiking. Yes of course BE lowers Vit slightly, but that only counts for the first time you cast it (only if you cast it before anything else), after that it's only a DoT, not good enough to keep up with magic spike. FA not that useful too, unless you're sucessfully combining it with a stun pressure on front. But above that, Silence can do as great, and frontlines get HGed most of the time anyways.

PostPosted: 09/30/11 17:54 

Ele is just bad merc, i really don't know why i bother to make her 120 upgrade -.- She is 99% in Expedition now and she is i guess ok there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/deejaystephanie
http://www.youtube.com/user/TechnoboyDJ

Currently playing: Atlantica - coolgyal (Thebes)
WTP: Black Desert Global in 2015!

PostPosted: 09/30/11 18:41 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: coolgyal (140)
Guild: 13 (Essence)
why dont you like her? she continsiously drains melee enemies's health and silences them and not very expensive,and she has decent stats.and in class book they say she causes sever damage. she has great perks! can you list her disadvantages besides that her magic is only for melee?

http://wishtobeahero.tumblr.com
talk to me about attack on titan!

PostPosted: 09/30/11 21:54 

Server: [USA]Mycenae
Character: Velouce (144)
Guild: CrimsonBlades (Requiem)
Ele is by no means bad O.o
She was the first grade B I got after level 100. Even though I only got her because I was drunk that day, finding out she doesn't fit my form on the next day, but this way I found out that she was a way better decision than spartan. Most mobs are melee and I still use my Ele until now in PvE (and she hasn't even reached 130 yet). One big advantage of her was, that she allowed me to get down all those super hard bosses in the 120 upgrade questline, and now for the melee boss at the end of the ban chao questline. While other people suffered mental breakdowns from those bosses, or had to permanently keep front and mid under HG to survive those hardcore AoE skills (which were able to kill my - and many other people's - whole formation even with max HP), I simply used FA and MoM alternately - sealing their magic for the whole battles. As soon as warlord is implemented, anybody can do this with demoralize instead of MoM, (though MoM on top for having super secure cast-barrier).

PostPosted: 10/01/11 02:26 

Server: [USA]Macedon
Character: Lecaros (134)
Guild: Shichibukai (Schizophrenia)
Hardstyle wrote:
Ele is just bad merc, i really don't know why i bother to make her 120 upgrade -.- She is 99% in Expedition now and she is i guess ok there.

I can't agree on this. Elementalist is, IMO, one of the best investment in mercenary form any AO player could ever make.
She's one of the main keys to your success in normal PvE and skirmishes. She has best stats amongst staff mercs. Her skills are top-notch, both Blazing Earth and Freezing Atmosphere have their edges. Back when I was lvl 105 and had like 700k might, I could solo and repeat Knud quest very easily because the help of Elementalist since all Knud quest mobs are melee (save for the bat).

Do know that the higher Vit a character has, the higher HP per Vit it gives. It's not strange to see Blazing Earth and GDR doing more than 10k dmg on initial cast against high lvl mobs, or more than 50k dmg on initial cast against high lvl melee bosses.

It comes down to how you use her. She has great AP regen, and being a staff she can get +AP regen from Speed Cast. What's the use of this plethora of AP? To serve as a off-tank (if you have the gear), to pass activations to others, and to use scroll effectively. Not to mention her high Atk damage is a good utility for Beast Soul and Seth Will, for some bosses' fight.

guides for knowledge:

Last edited by lecaros on 10/01/11 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/01/11 03:06 

Server: [USA]Macedon (0)
If I cast Blazing Earth, then Vortex... :o will it decrease Vitality even more. Or it just counts on the stronger skills?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 10/01/11 04:46 

Server: [USA]Macedon
Character: Lecaros (134)
Guild: Shichibukai (Schizophrenia)
Andromeda wrote:
If I cast Blazing Earth, then Vortex... :o will it decrease Vitality even more. Or it just counts on the stronger skills?

theoretically, it should work since you can stack Blazing Earth and Vortex together on the same target.

guides for knowledge:

PostPosted: 10/01/11 10:42 

Server: [Indo]Rodinia
Character: Fantasyz (135)
Guild: CocaCola (EverGreen)
Don't rely on her too much...she just useful when there are more melee enemies in PVE, and it goes through for PvP also when there are more melee mercenaries. To think about her skill, i use her for the TBS and Skirmish. It's so good to use blazing earth, as for it lets call her a spiker for skirmish/TBS.
Don't use her when you fight no melee enemy. :?

Give her blazing earth up to 70
and freezing atmosphere up to 70
and then she will be very beautiful... :lol:

Image Image Image

If better is possible, good is not enough...