Atlantica-db forums

http://www.atlantica-db.com
It is currently 12/20/14 20:49

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Idea for a new merc: Faustus
PostPosted: 04/08/12 20:55 

Server: [USA]Mycenae
Character: Velouce (144)
Guild: CrimsonBlades (Requiem)
We's just talking about finding a solve for AoE balance.

Also, it's just 1 melee (Neith) under the suggestions, and she would be the best idea for replacing monk, after all she has a skill that would be able to replace SoP with a better version that could solve the main snipe problem.

PostPosted: 04/08/12 21:45 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: PhoenixClgry (150)
Guild: BandOfTheHawks (Essence)
alfikri5 wrote:
» Airavata Shield Duration: 2/1 turns Cooldown: 3 turns Effect: 1 merc (or a row. Or cross pattern. Not sure about it) Type: buff skill AP: 125 Indra will call soul of his Elephant, Airavata. To protect merc from enemy. This skill will give auto-awakening for 2/1 turns. The effect of awakening will be 'combo - 1'. And of course will heal a little. This skill will also hide the bar HP. Wheter you use license or not.
The hide HP bar is a nice idea, but as a "shield" I would expect a buff in defense. Overal, nice merc but a bit copy-paste the other 2 skills.
Swamp Thing wrote:
But that is why magic damage should depend more on "efford", meaning, gear and level - especially 140-150.
That was what I said with "Depending on level of equipment and grade", so, ppl with +10 pega weapons will not complain of aoes.

PostPosted: 04/09/12 00:46 

Character: SweetBlue (123)
Guild: BIG (1st)
Thanks guys ^-^
Yes shield maybe don't have anything to hide HP bar. Maybe Invisible shield? Lol

But i think its impossible if a new merc have whole new skill. Even Puppeter. She have skill that improves attack power by sacrifice merc. I think this one is same like Blood Vengeance. (High attack power + sacrificing)

PostPosted: 04/09/12 11:38 

Character: Mimee (133)
Guild: Polanie (Requiem)
Quote:
But i think its impossible if a new merc have whole new skill. Even Puppeter. She have skill that improves attack power by sacrifice merc. I think this one is same like Blood Vengeance. (High attack power + sacrificing)

Meh, look at Attila. "unstoppable" seems new. Same goes to Odin's Chain (psy. seal), Dusk Elegy (transfering hp) Weapon Rend (modifing selected magic's damage).
However they were implemented and it doesn't seem that bad to do.

PostPosted: 04/09/12 12:02 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: coolgyal (140)
Guild: 13 (Essence)
Veleno wrote:

nice idea for new merc but why most of them all melee :( need new staff mercenary to replace monk

we have so many staff mercs! and mwindo just came out and roro kidul is coming so....

http://wishtobeahero.tumblr.com
talk to me about attack on titan!

PostPosted: 04/09/12 12:35 

Mimee wrote:
Quote:

Meh, look at Attila. "unstoppable" seems new. Same goes to Odin's Chain (psy. seal), Dusk Elegy (transfering hp) Weapon Rend (modifing selected magic's damage).
However they were implemented and it doesn't seem that bad to do.

Yep but Atilla's Taccan Curse is not a really new skill.

PostPosted: 04/09/12 14:47 

Can i write my new ideas? ^-^

Grade B merc
Type: Staff
Name: Sekhmet

Sekhmet is an Egyptian War God. It is said that she created Desert. She is also a Daughter of Ra, highest God in Egypt Mytology. Sekhmet means "She that own power". She believed as protector of Pharaoh that will destroy her enemy with arrow of flame. She also have very bright body, so she have been called "Lady of The Flame". Also all Sekhmet followers cover her statues with Anthrax virus, that makes Sekhmet known as a queen who can bring disease!!

Lv 1: Flame Lady
Lv 20: Shiny Flame Lady
LV 50: Deadly Flame Lady
Lv 80: Sekhmet
Lv 100: Sekhmet [Hero I]

Skills:

~Arrow of Flame

Type: Active
Cooldown: 3 turns
AP cost: 200 AP
Range: Column
Description: Sekhmet call Flame Arrow to protect Pharaoh. Deal high damage to enemy and add stun pressure. Also this skill will stop continous heal (from Dawn Harmony or Noble Sacrifice) and dispel/stop HG for 1 turn.

(Again skill to stop heal and prevent HG. I think with make it a column skill, it wont disturb HG too much)

~Anthrax Virus

Cooldown: 3/4 turns
Duration: 3 turns
AP cost: 200AP
Charge time: PVP: 3 turns (in maxed skill, 2 turns) PVE: 2 turns
Target: All enemy
Description: Sekhmet charge 5 orbs. The orbs works like scroll. You must attack 5 times to cancel this skill (multi-hit rate included). If this skill isn't canceled, it will deal Dark damage to enemy, do -vit and -def. While this skill charged sekhmet will consume 50 AP. A healing will increase 1 orb. Make it harder to cancel.

(A magic attack skill. I really want magic skill back to game ^-^)

Summon Sandstorm

Duration: 3 turns
Cooldown: 2 turns
Type: Active skill
AP cost: 150 AP
With Sekhmet power, she call Desert. Decrease enemy Accuracy, Dodge, and Dexterity.

(Well, if you call why dexterity, you cant run really fast on Sandstorm right? Lol)

---------------------------

B grade merc.
Type: Bow
Name: Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca (i know, such a hard word) is an Aztec War God. He believed has control of night, earth, leadership, magic, beauty, and also War. His other name is "Nathuatl" or Smoke Mirror. That name means for a material to create mirror that used in Shaman Ritual. Tezcatlipoca have orange and black line on his face. He usually drawed as a man that use Mirror with Snake as his Right foot. His Rival is Quetzacoalt, another important god in Aztec Mythology.

Lv 1: Aztec Warrior
Lv 20: Aztec Shaman
Lv 50: Aztec Leader
LV 80: Tezcatlipoca
LV 100: Tezcatlipoca [HeroI]

~Skill

~Snake Control

Duration: 1 Turn
Cooldown: 3 Turn
Target: PVP: One enemy PVE: Row
AP cost: 150 AP
Description: Tezcatlipoca call Poisonous snake. The snake will poison enemy to force him/her to use random magic attack. If they don't have magic that can be casted, the snake will make it skip the turn (or make it attack physically, not sure >.<)

(Its opposite of MoM :D)

~Shaman's Mirror

Type: Active skill
Cooldown: 3 turns
Target: 1 enemy
AP cost: 200
Description: Tezcalitpoca draws his mirror. The mirror will create a shadow of enemy mercenary that stay behind our formation for 2 turns. The shadow will follow everything what the real mercenary do. (Except if real merc guard, the shadow will do physical attack). If real merc heal, shadow will heal, in same column or same row, with same number. (Same number with attacks too). This skill cant be HGed, even if the merc is HGed, the skill still exist until it vanished for 2 turns.

(From the skill, this merc created for more control. Same as the real Shaman Lol)

Well, how about my idea ^-^

PostPosted: 04/09/12 14:54 

Server: [Indo]Pangea
Character: Arclaine (150)
Guild: NoLimiT (Avalanche)
i think a new type of skill isn't impossible as long as it doesn't mess with the balance.
vampire's skills are all 'new' at her time,
regen healing, magical HP drain and physical HP drain are original.

it may be too late talking about this lol.
i'm actually agreed with Int increasing magic damage,
But aside from that if staff actually increase magic skill lvl, wouldn't it be a good addition?

seeing the mercenaries patches, i think A-grade rangers isn't in the near future.
the next A grade mercenary would probably support-type staff mercenary.

i actually have an idea about a new support mercenary but i just couldn't find the right name for him/her.

seeing princess used as tank and roro is started to be used as tank,
why not just make a staff-tanker mercenary? :lol:

her/his weapon choice would be staff and shield, and her/his class would probably Priest/Priestess.

1. Heaven's Shield
Duration : 3 turn
Delay : 2 turn
AP cost : 100
Protect main character from harm, dispelling any negative buff casted upon main char and transfer the damage dealt to Priest's MP. it also heals a low hp, about the same with HG's heal.
it doesn't stack with Shield of protection, when this skill is casted upon main char, SoP won't activate.
so it'll be a bit tricky.
and the damage reduction isn't 100%. around 80% with full upgrade and lvl 80 skill.

2. Heaven's Blessing
Duration : 2 turn
Delay : 2 turn
AP cost : 150
area : cross-shaped
heals a decent amount of HP at the target and low healing at the sides. its heal would probably the same with dawn harmony or probably better. decrease combo count on target only by 1.
it works the same with ocean's protection, only it decreases combo count only on target, the sides will only get the low healing.
in PvE this skill will decrease combo count by 1 on all targets. (the sides also get the awakening effect).

3. Sacrifice
The Priest can sacrifice her/himself and ressurect 1 dead mercenary. mercenary ressurected would have the same HP as priest when he/she activate this skill.

i think he/she would be a great replacement for monk and a great support mercenary.

PostPosted: 04/09/12 15:35 

@Archdemon

Good enough merc for full support. Her name should be 'Freya' (Goddess of Beauty on Normandia (or what, i forget. It connects to Yggdrasil) Mytology) or 'Hera' (Goddess on Greek Mytology)

PostPosted: 04/09/12 15:36 

Character: Velouce (144)
Guild: CrimsonBlades (Requiem)
I wouldn't make new staff mercs after all. I think the weapon types we need are bow, cannon, saw, instrument, and eventually gun. However thinking of function (=mercs that are really used from each type), not of number of available mercs for each class.

@alfikri

about arrow of flame - we should stop now with skills that remove hg/healing. After all, if we create 1-2 mercs we send to nexon, we shouldn't waste skill spots for something that has the same or close to the same function.

about anthrax virus - nice idea beside of the skill name. However I would not make canceling so hard. I think canceling shouldn't be harder than scrolls (those scrolls that are popped random not the purposely casted ones, and also therefore same duration time till they detonate). And I would make a different effect. After all it should be useful to cast. I think a nice idea would be making it instant silence on the whole opponent form for 1 turn or an AoE with high damage. And more sneaky, if the skill detonates over the own formation, if it gets canceled. So it can be a table turner but also ruin the battle for you if you don't cast it wisely.

sandstorm - a better idea would be tomake it row based. However I prefer the idea of casting it on the own rows - AKA any mercenary attacking this row will miss.

snake control - nice idea, just name should be making more sense in relation to the skill.

shaman mirror - imho this is for sure too hard to program. A better alternative would be that this is casted on yourself (or 1 target in your formation), and whenever the opponent attacks this merc with any type of skill/physical, it will be reflected to him (with the caster being man target). Or to cast it on the opponent target, and if it's going to be used, its attack wil be reflected - after all it is good enough this way already, since it is somehow sealing the unit.

@archdemon

You said you see staff only as healers instead of mages with damage dealing spells, and create a healer on your own?

Aside from that - nice idea with shield + staff. However, thinking of the current situation, we already have so damn many melees. Another tank that can even heal would make stalling just a lot worse.

about heaven's shield:
Would make instrument mains talent kinda useless. Imho a better ideas would be a version of SoP that works for magic damage (though not for the DoT damage of a spell).

What I would like was a skill that awakes a column/row and raises AP as a counter to FS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next