Atlantica-db forums

http://www.atlantica-db.com
It is currently 04/17/14 13:25

All times are UTC

Post subject: Indonesian player looking for Advice.
PostPosted: 07/15/10 00:49 

Character: Lorelai (100)
Guild: Suikoden (Falena)
Hello. I'm a player in Indonesia's AO server, currently level 97 and planning to make a Maniac as soon as I hit 100. I was wondering if I might be able to get some advice and/or suggestions on the formation I have in mind for said maniac.

My intention is to go with a spike/snipe heavy build, specifically to counter double monk - double healer (a rather popular build in the server I play, with the 5 or so of the top 10 players using that build). Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and please pardon any mistakes in my english. ^^

up to level 50:

Level 100:

Level 120+:

Post subject: Re: Indonesian player looking for Advice.
PostPosted: 07/15/10 02:42 

Server: [USA]Mycenae (132)
Guild: CrazyHamster
I personally wouldn't bother so much for lv50 formation. You'll level quick to at least lv80. Not to mention spike/snipe is kinda laughable at lower level.

Depending how fast people get their hands on sparta, archer positioning on 2nd formation is not good because they'll be covered in a single warcry (and you can't have 2 Dark Archer)
Unless you don't have specific strategy for hell flame, oracle is a better unit than Shaman. So you better replace her for Oracle.

Level 120 still long way to go for indoAO. Nggak usah muluk-muluk bayangin dapet druid :P

My personal opinion though. ManiacM is better paired with stun (cannoneer and inventor) instead of snipe. Spiking with Jani/Sparta/Pirate is possible since your main is already the best main to deal high damage on enemy's frontline.

PostPosted: 07/15/10 09:52 
(0)
@WenYang
whoa. hi, nice to meet u ^^ i played in AO indonesia too, where server u playing at?
'maniac gw di Pangea da lv 45 wkeke'

about level 50 formation.
i think, it's fine for PvP.

about lv 100 formation.
change Jeanne with Spartan and 1 Dark Archer with Inventor it will better.

lv 120+.
I don't know. ^___^ umm... There's player named ZERKProhect in International AO, he's using Maniac and really good at high lv PVP. U can search some information from him i think ^^.

PostPosted: 07/16/10 06:42 

Wow. Didn't expect to see so many fellow Indonesians here. ^^

Aku sih awal2 ga rencana murni spike/snipe. Main stun udah rada males... buildku sekarang maun stun aja udah sengsara mau stun orang soalnya pada monk awakening tiap ronde semua di liga sekarang. :(

Aku maen di Rodinia. ^^

soal formasi 120, itu sih ngarep aja. Sapa tahu maniac nanti level 100 udah update lagi. :mrgreen:

Benernya rencana main aku itu gini:

awal2 cepet2 bobol depan/tengah 1 -> Perma silence -> sikat 1 demi 1

Spartan ga aku masukin formasi level 100 soalnya bakal sengsara bikin crystal ama jewel upgrade dia. Dia ma barang mewah dulu itungannya. XD

Shaman itu rencana buat Noble sacrifice. makanya disimpen. Gunanya di Liga heal aja ama kalo ketemu tipe DoT... tunggu pada bonyok -> Noble sacrifice -> ketawa liat dia kesel. ^^

kalo soal sparta... makanya archer ada 2. Jadi isa silence semaunya. hajar monk biar combo 1 sambil silence spartan... terus kasi dia pilih... mau monk stun apa sparta ke silence? :mrgreen:

Translated summary:

My game plan revolves more around a combination of spike/snipe and perma-silence from the multiple archers. The lack of Spartan in the level 100 build is because I consider him a luxury for the moment. ^^ The shaman is kept mostly for Noble Sacrifice.

PostPosted: 07/16/10 07:14 

I've played snipe build earlier on my first 120 level. Thing is, unless you overgear yourself with +bow (that you can even deal good damage on melee and staff unit), you can't kill any unit on your opponent after you killed their ranged units.
You'll be lacking on frontline spike pressure. Not to mention if they ever make a hole on your front, you gonna go into endurance play, and you can't make use of your archer do their job very well and finally they can obliterate your formation without too much strategy.

Perma silence is useless after you kill all ranged. You don't have stun pressure. To avoid stun your opponent can just swap around their mercs

PostPosted: 07/17/10 00:42 

Well, since obviously the maniac is my second character, I've taken time to prepare some gear for it... At 25 the entire team will switch to Rakshasa/Ogre gear at +7-10 grade with +7 asura weapons, at 50 I have several Blood Knight Sets at +4-5 and a Blood Knight Bow +6 as well... still crafting the Power saw as we speak. At 70 there's a pair of Osiris bow +5s... And of course at 90 one of them will switch to the Bow of Forbidden Abyss (already gathered enough water dragon scales to trade a couple with my current character)...

Think that's good enough gear for the strategy?

Add: I should probably note that I play in the newest server in my country and that there's exactly two people who have reached level 100 so far in said server (haven't gotten the update to go past 100 yet).

PostPosted: 07/17/10 04:10 

+8~+10 of the most updated bow is the number you're looking at if you're going for extreme snipe build as I mentioned earlier.

PostPosted: 07/20/10 10:24 

Hmm... Been rethinking somewhat, and came up with this build.

Frontline's mainly for spiking, prophet to keep the melee characters going, Inventor for some stun pressure, and the Witch to allow for some AoE combos (Chainsaw Blade + Beast Summon + Meteor Storm) if the situation calls for as well as keeping enemy arty from hitting too many people.

Also... one question... how effective is Mana Drain/Burn in a Free League setting? Will two castings of Mana drain from a Witch and a Mana Burn from an Exo (say the skills are around level 40 or so) be enough to render non-staff using enemies low/out of mana?

PostPosted: 07/20/10 10:34 

Server: [USA]Argos
Character: Lanister (130)
Guild: Bulgaria (Asylum)
WenYang wrote:
Will two castings of Mana drain from a Witch and a Mana Burn from an Exo (say the skills are around level 40 or so) be enough to render non-staff using enemies low/out of mana?

Never seen anyone actually using it, but it's highly doubtful that they can.

PostPosted: 07/20/10 10:49 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: PhoenixClgry (150)
Guild: BandOfTheHawks (Essence)
As said by some other peeps in other thread around here: in FL AB you can use exo+witch mana burn+drain to make the enemy stop moving. But only usefull there... :mrgreen:
Or against vikings/punishers you can make them lose all the mana in around 3 turns... but only usefull against those because they have really low mdef... :mrgreen:

Hmmm... on a side note: spartan (if I'm not mistaken) has also low mdef... Not as low as vik/puni, but low compared to other melee (also low compared to nvik)...