Note: this guide was initially written and published by evantide1 on Atlantica Online Players. Please note that nDoors often makes changes to the jackpot system, so as to prevent abuses and/or control the economy.
What is the Jackpot System?
The Jackpot system is essentially a way for you to obtain mass amounts of a particular item by sacrificing the other items in the jackpot screen. Many players use this as a means to obtain large amounts of specific rare ingredients or books, although it can be highly debatable whether it is profitable or not.
Up until Level 50 you will be required to purchase a 1 Day Jackpot License from the market to activate this feature, [|] grade before Lv30 for 7,500 gold or [II] grade before Lv60 for 75,000 gold. After level 50 this feature becomes permanently active.
The Jackpot Challenge window holds up to 12 different types of items. You cannot select and choose which items enter this screen however it merely depends on the loot you obtain from monsters. For these items you have three options on what can be done with them, including:
- Collect all -> You just move every item from the jackpot challenge interface into your inventory
- Rates -> After selecting an item you can use the 'Rates' button to check its current price on the market.
- Cancel Jackpot - > This option is only available when a jackpot is in progress, you have a short time window to cancel the jackpot to decide on another item or just collect more loot.
- Jackpot Challenge -> The last option is available after selecting an item in the jackpot window. You'll sacrifice every other item in the window to obtain extra of the item you've selected, the amount is variable depending on a few different factors including the values of the items being scarified and a unseen multiplier said to be between 10% and 200% based on each individual item.
- There is no proven method to see the result of your jackpot until you go ahead with it.
- Maximum number of obtaining items is 99,999 even if the value of the sacrifice is greater.
- Maximum number of items in Jackpot menu is 12 and maximum amount per item is 10,000. If you go over the maximum amount, item will go into your inventory.
- If you don’t have enough inventory space, the items will be mailed to you.
- Quest items and few other items will go into inventory not in Jackpot window.
How to Start:Beginning Steps:
Essentially, you must first experiment. Grind on a mob and JP every item they drop. After writing down the amounts for each item, go and check the market prices for all the items. Then stock up your JPs. Grind a long time and store up the items.
Like say I want Big Slab of Lumber
. I'll stock up loot like crazy and wait. The item amount generated seems to depend on 2 factors. The amount of the item I'm trying to JP for and the amount and quality of the other items in JP. If there are equip boxes, you'll gain much more than if there were only other items.
Those are the basics to making money with JP.Items that you can not Jackpot: Some in-depth info:
Every item also seems to have a pre-determined value. When that item is JPed, it uses the value. The lower the value, the less it contributes when you JP, but, if it's value is low, you'll also gain many of that item if you JP. High value items have high numbers, so they help generate a lot of items, but they also need a lot of sacrifice items to make. The predetermined values do not correlate to market prices in any way.
There is also a random multiplier in game. All jackpots will give the same amount of items, if you have the exact same materials, but there is a random multiplier that will either decrease your over-all value or significantly increase it. This multiplier ranges from 10% to 200%. In other words, you can gain only 1/10 of the items you should be getting or 2 times the amount you're supposed to get.
The basic thing to avoid is trying to get equip boxes with JP. You'll usually lose out. If you want to gamble for equips, it's best to fight at least 10 times and JP it all at once rather than JPing it one by one.
An almost Universal truth for the JP system is that if the item is bad to JP, then it is good for sacrifice
Jackpot box hunt for lvl 90+:
The original version is Yukachan's from AOP. I have edited and added revisions to improve upon it with the help of others.The Ideal Jackpot Menu:
1. Item of choice to JP
10~12. High Materials (Nix Feather, Hero's blood, etc)
Lower Tier boxes can be replaced with better craft materials, but that's up to your discretion.
First, make sure you turn off the auto-search bot by going to Game>Character>Effects>Disable effect.
Let's say you are looking to farm Giant Crystals
. You will be using single loot only, so do not use 'All Search' or click 'X' while doing this.
- 1. You'd go to Mohenjodaro Graveyard.
- 2. Get a Giant Crystal in the first three slots.
- 3. Unless there are only boxes, jackpot the Crystals or other stuff and continue until you get a Giant Crystal.
- 4. Leave the Dungeon.
So at this point you got 1 slot used for Giant Crystal.
Now, the next thing to get are the lower tier boxes. Conqueror or higher is left untill the end because the bosses you'll hunt for them drop boxes at 100% rate. The lower tier boxes are also hunted first because no monster will drop them 100% of the time. You'll need room for error, so that's why you go after them first.
Each of the monsters listed will drop the desired box at either a High or Very High rate. If you get too much junk before you get the box you want, it's better to cut and run to get the Conqueror or higher boxes rather than farm out the rest of the lower ones.Monsters to Hunt for Each Lower Tier Box:
5. Volcano - Salamander
@ Salamander's Nest (Solo)
6. Shogun - Dark Crystal Safeguard
@ Bloody Moat (Mini-boss), Executor Tianus
@ Bloody Moat and Garden of Withered Flowers(Mini-boss)
7. Osiris - Slave General
@ Red Machine Shrine (Mini-boss), Hell's Watchdog
@ Valley of the Kings 1B (Mini-boss), Silent Cannoneer
@ Valley of the Kings 2B (Mini-boss), Cursed Mummy
@ Red Machine Shrine (Mini-boss)
8. Pyramid - The Ind dungeons will likely provide this. I ahven't be able to find any mobs that drop this at High rate, so if there are any, please message me about them.
9. Babylon - Stigmatized Queen
@ Stigmatized Palace of Dreams in Snake Shrine Guild Dungeon (Mini-boss), Iron Doll Reaper
@ Great Plaza at Hanging Gardens (Mini-boss), Lion King Komareo
@Eastern Region at Hanging Gardens (Mini-boss)
So there's a lot of lee-way in what boxes to get. You have around 3 empty spaces that you can fill with junk if you manage to get each one of these boxes. The most important thing to remember is to keep the last three slots open to get Conqueror, Divine, and Freezing.
2. Divine - many 115+ boss drop these 100%, the weakest one is Tlaltecuhtli King
@ Tlaltecuhtli King's Throne (Solo) lvl 106 req
3 & 4. Freezing & Conq - Sedna
@ Heart Of Adlivun (Solo), she drops only 2 of these boxes, keep farming her until you get both in. Alternatively, Machine Gun Brooks
# Secret Office (Solo) also drops the same 2 boxes, but he also has a chance to drop Enchant [IV] boxes. If you go after Brooks, make sure to have 4 spaces clear instead of 3.
Now have fun farming for even more boxes for sacrifice items.Some Good Items to Jackpot:
This list will not be 100% accurate because it is largely server dependent. If you have any good jackpots, please post them and I will add them to this list and give credit to you for your contribution.Good Places to Jackpot:
Arranged in no particular order.
Ind Dungeon 90: Forbidden Abyss
Ind Dungeon 94: Arachne's Nest
Ind Dungeon 98: Hypogeum of Death
Ind Dungeon 101: Sealed Tower of Darkness
Ind Dungeon 105: Lerna's LabyrinthGoonzu WorldValley of OblivionAlcatraz PrisonGolden Dragon's Cave
1. Do the items in the Jackpot menu stay after the License runs out?
-Yes, the items stay in the menu and will remain there until you Jackpot them. No new items will be added to the menu. You can purchase a new license to allow more items to enter the menu.
2. Do upgrade Crystals Jackpot well?
-Yes, Giant Crystals and the like Jackpot well. 4 Volcano Valley Box and 1 Conqueror Box typically give 150 Giant Crystals.
Tips and Tricks:
- Items from treasure Chests are Jackpottable, i.e. Growth Vial [III], Gilgamesh's Sword Shard, and Still-Beating Heart from Ornate Treasure Maps can be put in the Jackpot menu.
- Store up items. If you JP immediately after a fight, you'll make significantly less than storing up items before JPing.
- If you're a high level, then Goonzu World and the ID dungeons will give you many boxes for your Jackpot menu.
- Jackpot Menu manipulation Trick
- Party up and set loot to leader.
- Look up all possible drops that can go into the JP system for the area you're hunting at.
- Fill up the party leader's inventory.
- Make sure the items in the inventory are the loots you don't want from the area you're hunting in.
--Example: I'm hunting silk, but the mob I'm hunting also drops leather. The mob only drops those 2 items. The party leader fills up his inventory completely, but makes sure he puts leather in one inventory slot and makes sure he has no silk in there. Now, whenever we party fight and loot, he'll get every other item, but I'll get all the silk.
- Go hunt for your items.
- Basically, an easy, but time consuming, method to make sure you fill the JP with only the items YOU want. Also annoying because you must actually find out what items and mobs are in one specific area and must correctly pack the Leader's inventory with all the drops you do not want and pack his inventory to FULL. I've done this to get Dragon Crystal in first slot for JP and fill up the other slot with boxes and other valuables from Goonzu World, all while filtering out the crappy stuff.
Muwing for helping me format.
Yukachan for letting me use her Box hunt guide as a basis for my version of it.
Coriolis for reminding me to add stuff.
Armenius for reminding me about Mercury.From Atlantica Online Forums and in-game:
DemonSkye for making the Jackpot rate and the unjackpottable list.
Harri for finding the patch notes that I used to explain Jackpot.
JeremyR for telling me that Treasure chest items can go into the Jackpot menu.
chocomog4000 and nOOblet for telling me about Hades' Crystal.
Harri for finding more mobs to get easy boxes from.
woodfly2 for telling me about more bosses to get boxes from.
Bluesi and Atomic for giving me an alternate method for better Jackpotting.