Atlantica-db forums

http://www.atlantica-db.com
It is currently 12/21/14 01:51

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: New Staff Mercenary: Queen Roro Kidul (updated 10/16)
PostPosted: 06/13/11 16:43 
Admin

Character: Muwing (1)
Queen Roro Kidul is a new Staff (B-grade) mercenary that Nexon is releasing on Atlantica Online Indonesia, for their 1st anniversary event.
As BadyPanda reported it:
Quote:
As for the recruitment, it would be "event only" for now by doing daily quest from NPC Nadim at Rome Gate and also TBS dungeon which will give you a special ticket to trade at Guide Acong.

She is inspired by Indonesian folklore (a legendary Indonesian spirit), and you can read about her on her Wikipedia page.

She is a very versatile magic & support mercenary.

She has very high stats, better than any other staff but her intelligence & attack power, 2nd after Elementalist.

Stats

Here is a table comparing some magic mercenaries' stats (level 130 upgrade):

Name Str Dex Vit Int Def Magic Defense Action Power Recruit Level
Queen 443 426 404 651 1801 530 57~90(+16%) ?
Elementalist 363 389 369 715 800 350 55~95(+14%) 100
Oracle 369 285 276 458 1500 500 50~73(+16%) 76
Monk 339 239 275 422 595 500 45~75 (+14%) 18

So she is the best in all, very resistant for a magic mercenary (nice vitality and defense). Only her attack power is inferior to Elementalist (her AP too).

Now, let's see why she's a support mercenary.

Magic Skills

(note: given numbers are for level 130 upgrade)

Information come from Indonesian players, so it might change in further updates/releases.

Image Ocean's Blessing
Her first magic skill combines awakening & holy guard for 1 turn, with a 2 turns Cool Down and a cost of 150 AP. The important point is it only removes 1 stun combo, but 2 times : when you cast it, and the next turn (just before it ends). So it's enough not to be stunned, but different to use comparing to to Monk/Punisher awakenings.
Raw heal for level 90 skill (easy to reach with jewels + charms) are nice, but cannot replace the usual Oracle/Shaman good healing:
PvE: 882 HP
PvP: 527 HP

Image Ocean's Protection
This skill is a clone of the Monk's Protect, but it adds magic defense instead of physical defense (much more useful !). Effects cannot be added to Monk's Protect (it doesn't stack), but can be combined with Shield of Protection or Princess' Order.
So, it heals and adds magic defense every turn.
At level 70 effects are:
PvE: 485 HP & 104 Mdef (monk: 575 HP & 1,701 def)
PvP: 718 HP & 94 Mdef (monk: 718 HP & 1,605 def)

Image Ocean's Madness
Her last magic skill is a clone of Oracle's Seth's will, with additional critical rate effect.
It costs 100 AP to cast, with a 5 turns duration and a 3 turns cool down.
At level 90 (easy to reach with jewels + charms), effects are similar to Seth's will, except the critical bonus:
PvE: -670 HP ; -445 defense ; +595 attack power ; +78 multi-hit rate ; +55 critical ; +110 AP
PvP: -796 HP ; -1,034 defense ; +635 attack power ; +43multi-hit rate ; +15 critical ; +108 AP

Conclusion

Queen Roro Kidul is a very good and versatile magic mercenary.
She won't die easily, and provides a large panel of useful skills: emergency awakening+magic guard ; protection for the main character ; improved seth's will.

Regarding PvE, as the present - and the future - of the game is focused on TBS, many players could prefer the old Oracle as long as her Ocean's Blessing cannot resurrect (to be confirmed, and this might change). But players who never die (or use scrolls), could choose this Queen for her improved set's will and her better attack power (comparing to Oracle).

Regarding PvP, she might replace the - very old - monk in some formation in the future, especially those using punisher or saw main (who will be able to learn sacrificial awakening). But more probably, she could resurrect the old DMF formation, with her instead of the second monk.
Indeed, she is more resistant and her protection adds a useful Mdef bonus (like the new trend is magic spike).

Important: this is a preview, not a review. Any information above cannot be considerate as official until the final release.
Special thanks to Indonesian players for sharing these informations with the Atlantica Online International community

10/16: Actually, her physical attack is like any staff. Info added on Ocean's Healing

Post subject: Re: New Staff Mercenary: Queen Roro Kidul
PostPosted: 06/13/11 16:56 

Server: [Indo]Pangea
Character: Arclaine (150)
Guild: NoLimiT (Avalanche)
well muwing, she is a B-Grade mercenary, it's been confirmed.
regarding her upgrade crystal, it's still not confirmed, because it's still in event item.
but looking at its form, it's a high probability that it will be redemption soul crystals & jewels.

PostPosted: 06/13/11 17:26 

Character: MagnaCarte (98)
Guild: Lovely (Korea)
Thank you Muwing. You save my day.

PostPosted: 06/13/11 17:48 

Server: [USA]Sikyon
Character: MsAlpaca (35)
Additional information about the recruitment, as for the "Event Only" recruitment, you can start to recruit the Queen after you reach level 50.
Happy enough to hear that. :D

As for the 'real' upgrade crystal/jewel, we can predict it to be Redempt Soul Crystal and Redempt Soul Jewel.
Why?
Because of this 'event only' crystal:
(Image taken from Indonesian Atlantica Online forum)

And for Indonesian server player...
About how many Roro Kidul Ticket you will need to get the Queen+Crystal+Jewel+All Books until Hero III, my friend calculated that we need about 1555 tickets in total. :shock:
So, let's do our best to collect those tickets. :D

And for International AO player, let me introduce you: NPC Nadim. :D
(Image taken from Indonesian Atlantica Online forum)

At the screenshot, He/She (it is hard to decide whether Acong family is a He or a She) is saying: "*Cough*! I am the servant of Roro Kidul".

________________________________________________________________________________________

I kinda agree with the preview that Muwig write, Roro Kidul might resurrect the DMF era which might turn the PvP become more tactical once more.
But, it also open another chance that people will do more snipe with The Queen joined their form since she can target anyone like bow merc.

And as for people that say he/she want to ditch their Oracle, maybe you have to re-think it again.
The Queen can't heal.

And yes, Ocean's Blessing might only last one turn.
But ain't that enough?
I think it is better since Ocean's Blessing won't sacrifice much Physical Def like Monk's Holy Guard.
The main point is to remove any debuff and remove stun counters.

And, I'm kinda wondering.
If I have a form with both RK and Monk and both are equipped with their own style of protection, which skill would be triggered?
Monk's Protection or RK's OProtection? :?:
Since the official statement from the GM at the Indonesian Atlantica Online forum state OProtection can't work at the same time with Monk's Protection.

PS: How did Muwing get those numbers? :shock:
Amazing. :D

Last edited by BabyPanda on 08/29/11 12:46, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06/13/11 18:16 

Character: MagnaCarte (98)
Guild: Lovely (Korea)
One thing I do not understand is that Ocean's blessing does only -1 stun combo. What if you're mercs are already stunned?
Does that mean that after Roro uses it to the stunned units and awaken them from the stun state, they will be stunned again if axes or power saw attacks them on enemy's phase? That surely will make block the PvP users from using Ocean's blessing first and beast's soul next turn.

PostPosted: 06/13/11 18:23 

@MagnaCarte
If that is the case, then it is more reason to not ditch your (very) old man Monk. :lol:
Let's wait for the number of stun counter removed to be confirmed.
I bet some players will already have RK at least having the name "Roro Kidul" at June 19th's Titan and the title [Hero I] the next week.
(Some of them play like AO is their real life and reality is a dream)

PostPosted: 06/13/11 18:31 
Admin

Character: Muwing (1)
BabyPanda wrote:
If I have a form with both RK and Monk and both are equipped with their own style of protection, which skill would be triggered?
Monk's Protection or RK's OProtection? :?:
Since the official statement from the GM at the Indonesian Atlantica Online forum state OProtection can't work at the same time with Monk's Protection.

It will be the same as a formation with 2 monks skilled with Protect: it depends on the mercenary's order (see the portraits at the bottom of the screen). As passive skills are casted from left to right, Queen's Ocean's Protection should win if she (her portrait) is on the left, whereas it would be the contrary if she's on the right (I'm not 100% sure).

MagnaCarte wrote:
One thing I do not understand is that Ocean's blessing does only -1 stun combo. What if you're mercs are already stunned?
Does that mean that after Roro uses it to the stunned units and awaken them from the stun state, they will be stunned again if axes or power saw attacks them on enemy's phase?

No, it works the same as low level (level 1-10) Monk's Awakening or Punisher's Sacrificial awakening (so you can test it easily in-game).
If your mercs are just stunned (when stun counter reaches +3 ; the merc is stunned and the counter is reseted to 0), they will awake with a 0 stun counter.
Else the skill always awaken them, but only removes 1 stun counter (at least, according to my info).

PostPosted: 06/13/11 18:38 

Muwing wrote:
It will be the same as a formation with 2 monks skilled with Protect: it depends on the mercenary's order (see the portraits at the bottom of the screen). As passive skills are casted from left to right, Queen's Ocean's Protection should win if she (her portrait) is on the left, whereas it would be the contrary if she's on the right (I'm not 100% sure).

So, those portraits at the bottom of the screen when we play contributes to the passive skill casting? (I just knew it! :shock:)
I though those portraits only to show level and some HP,MP, and EXP% info. :oops:

PostPosted: 06/13/11 19:16 

Server: [Indo]Pangea
Character: Arclaine (150)
Guild: NoLimiT (Avalanche)
let's not making any funny thoughts, it'll only confuse you
afterall roro kidul is just a day away :lol:

PostPosted: 06/13/11 19:26 

Ain't the funny thoughts and confusing discussions about the new merc is the thing that makes the waiting more interesting? :lol:
Just my two cents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next