Atlantica-db forums

http://www.atlantica-db.com
It is currently 07/31/14 11:27

All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian Mercenary "Sadko" A Class (Instrument) (RD:28th May)
PostPosted: 03/17/13 02:48 

Server: [USA]Sikyon
Character: Therian (160)
Guild: Astral (Legion)
Following an interview of sorts with Amy Joo-Yeong Kim, Russia's Community Manager there's one particular paragraph of interest which speaks of a new A Class Instrument mercenary for their third anniversary:- Sadko.

Original Thread
https://4gameforum.ru/showthread.php?t=656039

Original Text
Расскажите про русского наёмника Садко
Наёмник Садко будет ранга А. В игре его будет можно получить во время специального ивента, который мы проведём на 3 годовщину российского сервера. Будет ивентом вводиться в игру. Что касается умений, то у Садко их будет 3: массовое умение, наносящее урон по всему построению противника, пассивное умение, которое с определённым шансом станит противника, а также дебафф, понижающий магическую защиту врага.

Details at the moment are sketchy at best, so I'm just going to point out certain aspects of the above, rather then translate it properly as it makes even less sense that way. Needless to say we'll probably be waiting until May/June to find out more information about this mercenary of theirs, but in the mean time, let's get some information out there.

# Name: Sadko
# Rank: A Class
# Weapon: Instrument Unconfirmed, but the actual "Sadko" from the medieval epic bylina was a gusli musician.
# Will be available during a special in-game event to be held for the third anniversary of the Russian Server.
# 3 Skills to choose from, each not entirely certain on their affects.
* AoE DoT
* Passive chance to stun the primary target when attacking Valhalla's Sword clone?
* Debuff that lowers the opponents Magic Defense

You'd perhaps have to read into Sadko to understand the image, but it gives an impression of a potential appearence.

Post subject: Re: Russian Mercenary "Sadko" A Class (Instrument?) (Unrelea
PostPosted: 03/17/13 04:00 

Server: [USA]Mycenae
Character: ArchJagold (133)
That's quite cool, but if it's going to be an Instrument merc, will it's passive stun trigger physical attack thingy stuns two mercs in a line?
o.0
If so, then that's very very OP, even for an A-class merc...

PostPosted: 03/17/13 09:40 

Server: [Indo]Rodinia
Character: AlrauneKing (158)
Guild: Persephone
destinedjagold wrote:
That's quite cool, but if it's going to be an Instrument merc, will it's passive stun trigger physical attack thingy stuns two mercs in a line?
o.0
If so, then that's very very OP, even for an A-class merc...

he said ' primary target' so only one merc got stunned, if that effect happen...

better than Reva faust I hope \twink

PostPosted: 03/17/13 11:17 

Server: [Europe]
Character: C.L. (150)
Guild: EpicFail (JustEpic)
With the new overpowered BowM BS spike again, Reva is even more useful than before because you can resurrect. That can totally make a difference when the opponent has to kill that merc again and was a useful tool already before. It was just barely used because you had to sacrifice some other ranged (automaton or patriot possibly) for that and lose on some damage/stun pressure. But personally, I would want her at least as an option to swap in from time to time and with v406 it's not just an option but maybe the best way to counter BowM spike since they could already snipe down guarded ranged mercs from 100% if they're only a bit lucky. So the tactic would be apply stun as possible, debuff BowM, res if needed and a decent option for damage would be magic damage (probably retribution since it even lowers Atk + has a very good combo with monsoon). Chironia would also be possible to counter the snipe and cast the -mdef AoE (on top of retribution). These are just some ideas, but maybe they could be worth testing so we're not always seeing lame BowM spike formations

And on topic of Sadko:

It's nice to have new regional mercs with their region's background, but honestly his skills as listed suck in my opinion.
First, it's nothing new. I mean of course it's difficult to invent brand new skills nowadays but I don't even see the slightest ambition there. We already got like 282442 AoE DoTs already in game, Mdef debuff = Chironia, and stun on hit = Valk, just that no one could place their mercenaries anywhere except 3rd row anymore if they really needed them to not risking luck-dependent stun which can't be prevented in any way

PostPosted: 03/18/13 02:11 
(0)
Wolf wrote:
. . .I mean of course it's difficult to invent brand new skills nowadays. . .

I kind of disagree with this. Look at what they did with patriot. Cama was a completely original skill, BC was a twist on existing type-based passives, and PR, while not original in the abstract, works very differently on a ranged merc than it does on the melee mains who've had this kind of thing before. And of course Rin's skills are basically completely unique, with only Reva's res skill and Hwarang's Fury really being comparable at all. There are all sorts of things they could do.

With that said, I don't really mind skills being variations of each other. I feel like that adds to functional customization, because there's more than one way to get the same effect in a formation. I do hate to see another stunproc passive, but oh well.

Lots of instruments lately, with reva coming out and instrument main being buffed in KAO. Everyone still has a vamp too. Time to break out ye olde hwarang again?

PostPosted: 03/18/13 14:16 

Server: [USA]Thebes
Character: McGogooo (150)
Guild: KnightsOfNight (Diamonds)
too many mercs. i have 5 unused mercs...
ndoors need to do something new. like when they introduced : MyHome,Tbs, Skirmish...
maybe unique gears: skilled gear.
i like, for example, to have a cannon with toxic sword skill or Flame blow... (if some1 here played lineage2, know what i mean to say).

PostPosted: 03/19/13 08:21 

Character: Perceval (150)
Guild: EpicFail
People need to realize that AO is very similiar to Pokémon: the ultimate goal is not to walk through the game but to raise every damn new Pokémon/Merc that comes across your path and is interesting enough to be used in your team once in a while.

PostPosted: 03/20/13 09:39 

Character: jalseth (142)
Guild: TheEldersOfAnima (Infinity)
priestslave wrote:
People need to realize that AO is very similiar to Pokémon: the ultimate goal is not to walk through the game but to raise every damn new Pokémon/Merc that comes across your path and is interesting enough to be used in your team once in a while.

And if we love that where is the issue?

Personnaly i am not so happy with this merc. I just found it useless:
- magic debuff. Vampire, which is also instrument, does it
- AoE DoT are useless after lvl 120 (except staff main one)
- stun can be interestieng for PvP but valkyrie already does it...

More over again an sintrument: Vampire + Reva Faust + this one: hwarang will have a second life !!!

Concerning the comment about new skills, i think you will be suprised by the european event... A lot of suggestion has been done by DE & FR servers. Nexon will choose 5 merc. and a vote will be done by community to determine which one will be implemented...
So i just hope that nexon will chose merc. with exotic skills....

PostPosted: 03/20/13 12:53 

Character: Perceval (150)
Guild: EpicFail
There is no issue. That's why I still love this game. 8-)

PostPosted: 03/21/13 09:34 

Character: jalseth (142)
Guild: TheEldersOfAnima (Infinity)
priestslave wrote:
There is no issue. That's why I still love this game. 8-)

Ha ok sorry...

Sure this diversity is good because it adds options and strategies ...